We’re quite different from many business that hire IT professionals.
We want you to know as much as you can about what it’s like to work here so that you can quickly know if we’re a possible fit for you.
We are not:
- a big company with big rule books and org charts
- a web-design agency
- a placement firm
- stable, because we secure engagements first, then staff to support them
- entrepreneurial, leveraging the ideas and talents of all team members in developing business opportunities
- dynamic, serving many constituents with a wide variety of needs and environments
- challenging, always seeking to improve results for our clients and for ourselves
- a team – that takes the time to celebrate our wins and learn from our mistakes
And though we may be “all about business,” we’re far from boring. In fact, because we seek clients who challenge us, we’re a great place to flex and grow your creativity.
No one works behind a curtain at CapSoft. You’ll work your magic directly with clients. Every team member contributes to our clients’ success.
WANTED: Highly creative and intellectually curious .NET Developers
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast?
Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about them?
Do you appreciate elegant solutions, but know when to build simple applications, too?
Capital Software Consultants, Inc. is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious .NET Developers who are passionate about coding to join our team! You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital Software Consultants, Inc. and creating experiences to delight our growing client base.
- Work as part of a dynamic team through the Agile development process
- Collaborate with designers, analysts, project managers, project sponsors and clients to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certificate or military experience
- At least 7 years’ experience with Enterprise application design and construction with an emphasis on web architectures
- At least 5 years’ experience working with .NET (C#) technologies
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar degree
- Proven track record of delivering quality, mission critical, enterprise systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio, T-SQL, and SQL Server
- Experience ASP.NET MVC, WCF or Web API, REST or SOAP API web services and SQL
- Working knowledge of OO design and common design patterns
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and IIS platform
- Working knowledge of PHP and MySQL Server
- Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Agile engineering practices
- Mobile Experience, a plus